Medical Eye Care
Dr. Mitchell has extensive experience diagnosing and treating acute and chronic eye health issues. He’ll make sure your eyes reach their greatest potential for clear vision.
- He is available on an emergency basis for treatment of eye allergies, infections, foreign objects in, or injuries to your eyes.
- He looks for complications from diabetes, high blood pressure, chronic medication use, dry eye syndrome, and autoimmune issues at every exam.
- He identifies and treats other chronic eye health issues like glaucoma, macular degeneration, and other retinal disorders.
Dr. Mitchell uses the latest technology to obtain objective information about how your eyes focus. He combines this information with your input to determine the most succinct eye glass prescription possible to unleash your clearest vision. Visit ‘Our Products’.
- He recommends and provides a variety of eye glass frames at reasonable prices without having to drive across the state.
- He only works with the finest optical suppliers and insists on top quality lenses and treatments so you can see the world the way it was intended to be seen…without interference.
- Dr. Mitchell advocates for the use of prescription sunglasses, not just to look good, but to protect your eyes and achieve unfettered vision in all environments.
- Dr. Mitchell has experience developing specialized eyeglasses for use in all occupational environments. Whether at a computer workstation, in the out-of-doors, in the shop or garage, Dr. Mitchell can prescribe glasses for all occupational needs.
Dr. Mitchell has always had an interest in problem solving contact lens dilemmas, and takes great care to ensure that everyone who wants to wear contact lenses can.
- Soft contact lenses, for most people, are comfortable, easy to adapt to, and are safe for your eyes. Dr. Mitchell fits a wide range of off-the-shelf contact lenses for nearsightedness, farsightedness, astigmatism, even bifocal wearers. He prescribes single use lenses when possible for greatest health, comfort, and ease of wear. He even custom designs soft contact lenses if your needs require a specialized approach.
- Other custom designed contact lenses such as hybrid (hard and soft contacts in one), scleral (large rigid lenses), and regular rigid gas-permeable lenses are right in Dr. Mitchell’s wheel house. He has successfully fit hundreds of patients with a variety of unique vision or eye health needs with custom designed contact lenses that in many cases work better than glasses can.
- Dr. Mitchell will spend the time needed to provide personalized contact lens services. There is no one type of contact lens that works for everyone; but Dr. Mitchell will find the one that works best for you.
Comprehensive eye exams may include:
- Testing visual acuity or refractive error
- Pupil evaluation with or without dilation
- Examination of peripheral visual field
- Color vision testing
- Analysis of the visual systems
- Examination of the external parts of the eye
- Intraocular pressure measurement
- Examination of the health of the entire eye
Our Optometric Services:
- Comprehensive eye exams
- Contact lens fittings
- Diagnosis and treatment of eye disease
- Specialized testing and care for cataracts, glaucoma, and others
- Pre-and post-operative care for eye disease
- Eye emergencies
- Foreign object removal
- Vision services for visually impaired