Dr. Mitchell is proud to be one of the few doctors in Vermont certified to fit Paragon CRT lenses. CRT, or Corneal Refractive Therapy, is a way to correct nearsightedness and some astigmatism without having to wear glasses or contact lenses during the day!
This means that you could enjoy clear vision without contact lenses drying up throughout the day. Enjoy fog-free mask wear without glasses on. Enjoy an active lifestyle without consideration for special prescription glasses, or goggles.
How does it work?
- Custom designed rigid contact lenses are worn overnight while you sleep.
- The lenses are designed to gently reshape the front surface of your eyes overnight.
- In the morning, you take the lenses out, and enjoy hassle free 20/20 vision all day long.
- As long as you wear the lenses every night, your clear day-time vision is maintained; if you stop wearing the lenses, your eyes go back to their original natural shape in just a couple of days.
Who does it work for?
- Generally, anyone with mild to moderate nearsightedness (myopia) and/or mild amounts of astigmatism.
- Kids: this is a great option for any child with nearsightedness. Not only does CRT enable kids to enjoy clear vision without glasses or contact lenses during the day, but studies show that wearing CRT lenses may slow down the development of nearsightedness throughout their teenage years. Dr. Mitchell has fit kids as young as 7 years old with these lenses. This is a great option for kids trying to attend school with masks and foggy glasses.
- Adults: Also a great option for grown-ups looking for freedom from glasses and day-time contact lenses. Think about skiing, snowboarding, swimming, biking or just living life all day long without special consideration for switching prescription glasses or goggles, or losing a contact lens on the slopes.
Is it safe?
- CRT was approved by the FDA over 20 years ago, and is widely used by millions of people across the world. Dr. Mitchell has been certified to fit Paragon CRT lenses for over 12 years, and has extensive experience working with patients of all ages.
- CRT is completely reversible. If you decide to stop wearing the CRT lenses, your eyes will return to their natural, original shape. CRT essentially does the same thing LASIK surgery does without the permanent change.
What’s the next step?
- Call our office for details and to schedule an appointment
- Forward this information to anyone you think could benefit from CRT!